Foto o' the Week

Foto o' the Week
U2

Thursday, September 09, 2004

A quick response to "Humbly Bend"

Upon further reflection, I see a problem with this idea. Rather, I see an injustice in my assessment. To claim that the truth and the Bible are seperate entities is true. However, this is not necessarily due to the error of the Bible. The nature of a written word is so incredibly seperate than that of "truth" on the idealistic and pure level, that no direct comparison is permissable by their very natures. They are different. Further, to say "God does not reside in the Bible" is a rather sensationalistic claim that was based more on reader appeal than thought out conclusions. I am sure it worked, but it was a poor and cheap hook, not worthy of the subject matter. Still, I think at base, my best guess is that "truth" "honesty" "humility" "sincerity" etc. should be our first guides to God.

No comments: